The Club’s programme of Spring and Summer outings starts in April. Five outings have already been announced, covering:
- Swinton Gardens
- a walk around Ilkley
- a visit to Bramhope Woods
- a visit to a bird reserve with ornithological expert Keith Allen and
- an exploration of Milner Field and Hirst Wood.
These outings are limited to six people because of Covid-19 restrictions, so booking is essential. We may repeat some outings if there is high demand.
Once we get to mid-May we hope that we’ll be able to accommodate more people and that there will be more opportunities to go indoors. At present we have 18 outings pencilled in and we will publicise them further via emails to members as we firm things up.
Our outings are limited to members plus their family and friends. If you are not yet a member but want to join an outing, please contact us.
We ran a handful of outings in 2020 and you can see some of the photos taken by checking the following links:
To give an idea of our normal range of activities, we list below some of our outings in recent years:
- Tour de Yorkshire: Men’s Race Stage 2 and Women’s Race Stage 1, and Men’s Race Stage 4
- Battle re-enactment at Cannon Hall
- Low Light at Granary Wharf
- Steam power at Bancroft Mill Engine Trust
- Bempton and Flamborough Head
- Exploring Grassington meadows
- Ladies’ Day at Ripon Races
- Harness racing at Peel Park
- Walkthrough Wildlife Adventure
- Adel Dam
- Quarry and Limestone pavements
- Tough Mudder Yorkshire
- Sporting Scenes
- Skipton Horse Trials
- Ingleborough Cave and Rock Formations
- Hoffman Kiln and Stainforth Force
- Modern Architecture Trail in Leeds
- Kirklees Light Railway
- Top of the Locks
- Sunset at Almscliffe Crag
- Autumn in the Himalayan Garden, Grewelthorpe
- Skipton Castle Woods.